Monday, August 16, 2010

Show Time

Well the first agricultural show of the season was  held at Crystal Brook on Saturday. So Steve and I headed off to check it out.
Just after coming in the gate I spied a little stall on the edge of sideshow alley .....you know the ones that sell the dolls on a stick etc
 it brought back so many memories of being at the show with my Dad.
 He used to buy me one at the Crystal Book Show  every year when I was little and we would hang her from my bedroom curtains when we got home.......he has gone now so I just had to have one to remind me of Dad isn't she gorgeous??????????????????......I sure he smiled when I walked out the gate with her

So many of the girls who are regulars shop had been busy with their entries so off we went to the pavillions to see how they faired.
well the big CONGRATS goes to  brook girls Maxine and Allison who both had lots of 1st prizes next to their names in both quilting and cooking sections well done girls and I also spied prizes on Judy and Julie's entries great job girls.  I am sure I probably missed someone so to all those girls who won and to all those who had entries in the Crystal Brook Show WELL DONE Everyone

As many of you who know I was a member of the Chocolate Crow Trader for some time and on Saturday I also got to meet a lady who was also one of the Choccie Crows back when I joined  the lovely Stella Whittingham of Dolls on Parade
It was lovely to meet you Stella
Check out Stellas beautiful dolls at


Well back to some work.......it is my day off today but with the housework out the way I am about to start sewing got 2 new designs on the cutting table and also making one of the Gail Pan's beautiful designs from our retreat
so til next time

keep stitch'n
hugs
Robyn x



0 comments:

About Me

Country Hart Chatter

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Followers